Advantages of a pet sitter for your pets
– Unlike humans, pets prefer to make their lives the same every day. They like to make things familiar. Hiring a pet sitter means that your pet can stay in your home. The sight, smell and sounds will be familiar to your special friend, as opposed to those in the boarding houses.
– If you are at the pet sitter, your pet’s diet and routine will continue, which is very important. There are animals that are housed in boarding houses that are too stressed that they do not have the appetite to eat. There are also facilities that do not regularly give the necessary exercise.
– The possibility that your pet may be exposed to stress situations and illness is minimized if a babysitter takes care of him. The chances that your special Buddy will get germs and diseases are higher if he is in boarding school with other animals he is not familiar with.
– The difficulties of travelling from home to the kennel are eliminated. There are times when constant travel can be very stressful for your pet.
– Professional pet-sitters can offer animals the utmost care you can rely on. Attention, love, mental stimulation, playtime and occasional treats will be given to your pet regardless of breed. There are accommodation options that certain breeds do not accept.
Choosing a pet sitter
Choosing the right expert for sitting pets can be a difficult task. You need to look for someone who knows all about petting, such as how to feed and care for the animals, and most importantly, how to get the animal to adjust to him.
If you trust your sweet puppy or kitten to someone you know you can rely on while you’re away, you can get a sense of security that your pet is in good hands.
– First, find out if the person has the necessary qualifications for a pet sitter. Ask for some references and do some follow-up. References are the best way to get some ideas about the reliability of the pet sitter.
– There are several ways you can effectively find a reliable expert for sitting pets. You can start your search online where numerous websites offer pet seating services.
– Your veterinarian is also the best place to go for questions. He might be familiar with someone near you who knows a lot about sitting pets.
– Do not choose the first babysitter you encounter. It is best to have several options. You can arrange an interview for each of them. Find out how your pet and the babysitter deal with each other. An experienced person can easily gain the animal’s trust.
– Watch the pet sitter next to your interview when he asks several questions about your pet. A reliable sitter will make sure he knows everything about your pet, especially nutrition and medical conditions, so he knows how to react when the situation requires it. The one who doesn’t ask questions doesn’t really care about your pet’s well-being.
Taming a shy and frightened pet
Older pets like cats and dogs tend to be afraid and distant from their new fellows. They usually hide and looked scared every time you approached them. It’s not uncommon for animals to be afraid of other people and their new environment, especially when they weren’t properly socialized when they were very young. If you are a pet sitter, patience is really something you need to put into the pet.
– A reliable pet sitter knows how to get a shy and anxious animal to trust him. Learn the “language” of the pet so that you can gain its trust more easily.
– Never look the animal directly in the eye if it is not accustomed to your presence. It sometimes sends an aggressive message to the animal that could start a fight.
– Sit near the pet from time to time to tell it that you are on the same level and that you are not a threat.
– Talk to your special friend in the nicest way possible. As soon as the animal gets used to your business, start stroking it, first for a few seconds and then longer on the following days.